Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Blog Assignment #10

Ms. Cassidy

In Little Kids...Big Potential, Ms. Cassidy uses a variety of technology in her classroom. She uses blogs, wikis, videos, Skype, and Nintendo DS. I think incorporating these technologies gives her an advantage. For example, in my classroom, I would use wikis. Having students have the experience of asking advice or questions to people on the other side of the world is phenomenal. When the students said they asked about traditions and people from all over the world answered, I was amazed. The students are getting real information from real people, not people saying what they think to be true. I would also like to have a class blog. I think having that interaction with my students and letting them show off their accomplishments will be highly effective.

BE SAFE ON THE INTERNET
The problems I will face when using any type of technology in the classroom will be making sure the children are getting appropriate and correct responses when using wikis and blogging. The only thing to do as a teacher is to educate your students on how to verify information. I will also teach my students about internet safety; for example, not putting personal information on the internet. Being an elementary education major, I will have very young students; therefore, being safe when using the internet will be my number one priority.

I am very excited and looking forward to being an educator. We are in a new day and age than when I was in school. As Dr. Sharp has said, we do not and can not teach the way we were taught. Learning about all of the technology I can incorporate into my future classroom has my bursting with anticipation. Before starting EDM 310, I was apprehensive about using technology in the classroom. I was also afraid that my students would know more about the technology than I. However, after hearing these spectacular teachers, I now know that as long as I engage my students, we can all learn at the same time.

Other Resources:
Interview with Kathy Cassidy Part 1
Interview with Kathy Cassidy Part 2
Interview with Kathy Cassidy Part 3

4 comments:

  1. I think your ways of incorporating technology in the classroom will be very useful to you and to those who read your blog. I really enjoyed reading it, overall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post! I agree that we should embrace technology in the classrooms but also use it safely. Very thoughtful and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a great plan. Teaching internet safety is going to be one of those things we automatically teach our kids, like not talking to strangers. Definitely important to let them know you are not safe just because your hiding behind a screen. nice job!

    ReplyDelete