Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Blog Assignment #5

Edublogs Teacher Challenges


What is a Personal Learning Network?
According to About Eduaction a PLN is a powerful, professional development tool that allows teachers to connect with others across the country. The connections are usually made through social media.

How Can They Help You as a Teacher?
According to Edublogs Teacher Challenges, "a connected educator is a connected learner..." Having a PLN lets you connect with fellow educators to get and give advice, grow as an educator, network with colleagues, and get information.

How Can You Create Your Own?
You can build your PLN by joining social medias. For example, Twitter is a great way to connect with educators around the world. A PLN is usually built through social media, but it is not restricted to that. You can also connect with fellow teachers at your school or in your community.

Who will be your first additions?
Being as I come from a family of educators, my first additions will be my sister, a kindergarten teacher, and my mom, a school counselor. I also have many aunts and cousins who work in the school system in Baldwin County. I have also followed Dr. Strange and Dr. Vitulli on twitter. I would also like to add some of my teachers that I have had since attending the University of South Alabama. As I further my education and start my career, I know my Personal Learning Network will continuously grow, but I think I am off to a good start right now.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed your post! I also thought that twitter was the best was to connect with educators from all around. I think it is great to add your sister first to your PLN. My mom is a teacher as well, and I am going to make her the first person I add to mine!

    ReplyDelete